Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index Box Elder Wildlife Federation
Sports Supporting Conservation, Registration required for entry, please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, I may have been out of sight, but I'm not gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckshoun
Wilderness Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Well, I may have been out of sight, but I'm not gone Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I've added anything to the Blog, but there's been a reason. Martha's health has been pretty bad, she's at Pioneer Care Center trying to recover from a staph infection she had a couple of years ago from a foot rebuilding, that was the result of her Arthritis. It's been slow, and I have been spending some time with her, along with pistol shooting at Impact Guns (because there's less stuff to haul).

However, after selling most of my guns, at the advice of my attorney, I did buy a new Special Grade M-1 rifle from the CMP. I wenr up to the range, I guess it's been at least two years or more since I've been up there, and I am very impressed with the improvements made on the 100 yard (meter) range. It was the 22nd of March 2010 that I took the new M-1 up to check out the sight adjustments and settings. Colder than a Mother-in-law's heart, but I did fire 24 rounds. More adjustments needed to the rear sight. I think I have that issue resolved, but it will have to be a heck of a lot warmer for this old man to shoot again. This Easter weekend's storm has not been a happy occasion to check the sight. I'll let you-all know how it works out when the weather is warmer.

I want to come to some of the meetings, but I find myself just a tad tired when evening comes around. Please let me know where and when the meetings are, and maybe I'll be able to make one. By the way, the new M-1 seems to shoot pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: