Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index Box Elder Wildlife Federation
Sports Supporting Conservation, Registration required for entry, please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Long, Long Winter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckshoun
Wilderness Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: A Long, Long Winter Reply with quote

Well, I realy don't have anything to add to the Blog. I'm looking forward to the good weather when I can get the rifles out to shoot.

I had Martha in the Pioneer Care and Rehab beginning Jan 2, and as of this writing, I'm not sure when she will be home. She had her left foot rebuilt due to Arthritis, and since she didn't like the food at the University Hospital, went on a starvation diet. Wrong thing to do, she got a bad Staph infection in the bones in her foot, and spent an additional 42 days there on a special antibiotic. She still wouldn't eat, so now has battled (I don't remember how many weeks) at Alpine, and now at Pioneer. She's finally getting the message that she screwed up royally, and is trying hard on the physical therapy to get her legs to function normally -- we tried a few weeks at home, but it's too hard for a 79 year-old man to care for a 76 year-old woman who doesn't want to try.

The result is I haven't shot the pistol since November 19th, and really have lost my enthusiasm to shoot again. I hope this isn't a permanent thing, because I did get hyped up to buy a 1,000 bullets of .45ACP and 500 9mm. Now they are resting with the 1,500 308 168 gr rifle bullets I bought before I found out about the bad right eye (which shut down the Camp Perry trips). Anyway, I did load some 45ACP before all the snow came, and I'm about out of black shoe polish, so I've got to make a trip to the pistol range and the shoe shop soon.

I realize this is a bunch of crap to most of you, but, hey, crap happens. So, maybe the next time I'm on the Blog, I'll have something more important to write about. If you-all thnk the Blong isn't worth reading, let me know, and I'm get it cut out. I hope you-all have a great 2008, and maybe we'll meet up at the range when the weather gets better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Chuck's B-Log All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: