Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index Box Elder Wildlife Federation
Sports Supporting Conservation, Registration required for entry, please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy Guns at WalMart, Smile Pretty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Legislative & Political
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldBear
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Buy Guns at WalMart, Smile Pretty Reply with quote

WalMart execs have moved into the Bloomberg group and will convert all 1,100 stores into firearms recording points.
http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/thread.aspx?threadid=632134 has the complete story.

Personally, I've found that "the same firearm" sold at WalMart and Kents' Shooters (for instance) was not created equal. For instance; a particular shotgun was (approx) $50.oo less at Walmart than at Kents, "BUT", the WallyWorld model had no chokes except the one screwed into the barrel. The Kent's model had the choke in the barrel plus three more in the box for a total of four chokes. Rather necessary for most of us using a shotgun for more than one single purpose. I phoned the firearms company and they confirmed that the Walmart offering was indeed minus three chokes normally included with that model shotgun. Which told me the Walmart offering was indeed a "stripped-down" model, not just a box that some employee had borrowed three chokes out of. So that "almost first, and definitely last", firearms purchase from WallyWorld came to a rapid finish for me.
Personally, I've voted with my feet ever since that experience. And for sure I would never stand still for any WallyWorld video to be made of me buying any firearms, or other supplies for that matter. Besides, the workers at BCI know what I look like anyway. So I don't need WallyWorld sending my face to bloomberg's operations.
Just a matter of principal. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Legislative & Political All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: