Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index Box Elder Wildlife Federation
Sports Supporting Conservation, Registration required for entry, please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mantua Range - Rangemaster REQUIRED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Firing Range Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldBear
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Mantua Range - Rangemaster REQUIRED! Reply with quote

Seems we keep getting this same question. Mantua Range use REQUIRES that you either be personally BEWF Rangemaster Qualified (See Al, and wear the yellow hat when you are there) or you are accompanied by a BEWF Rangemaster. You MUST sign-in at the lower station immediately upon entrance. Shooting times are 0900-sunset (see the sunset table at the sign-in box) six days a week, but never on Sunday.

The Mantua Range is reserved each first Saturday through September for the Cowboy Shooters.

We make the Tremonton Range available from time to time for the use of organized firing by the U.S. Army, USAF, BATF, Boy Scouts and other similar groups. At those times, the range is closed to all others. Any of those events will be scheduled ahead of time and will be posted in our Current Events subject.
chuckshoun
Wilderness Guide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Gate Control Reply with quote

I was shooting at the Mantua range a year ago, with other authourized shooters, who left while I was shooting. The gate was left open. The LEO of Mantua came on the range, and informed me that the gate should be locked if authorized shooters are using the range. Even though I did not leave the gate unsecured, I was still responsible to ensure that it was locked because I was the Range Master in charge of the range. Upon his departure, I immediately made sure the gate to the range was securely locked, and continued my shooting.

To prevent uninvited guests and non-members, and those who must use the range with a Range Master present, the gate should be locked (not just with an open lock hung on the chain) to ensure we comply with the legal use of the range at Mantua. The range is adjacent to a residential area of Mantua, and I would regret our losing the range because of the negligence of one member who left the gate unlocked for the "convenience of those still using the range". The Mantua Range is too important to the shooters in Box Elder County to chance the loss of the range through "convenience to other shooters." in leaving the gate unlocked.
bewforg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gate Control Reply with quote

chuckshoun wrote:
I was shooting at the Mantua range a year ago, with other authourized shooters, who left while I was shooting. The gate was left open. The LEO of Mantua came on the range, and informed me that the gate should be locked if authorized shooters are using the range. Even though I did not leave the gate unsecured, I was still responsible to ensure that it was locked because I was the Range Master in charge of the range. Upon his departure, I immediately made sure the gate to the range was securely locked, and continued my shooting.

To prevent uninvited guests and non-members, and those who must use the range with a Range Master present, the gate should be locked (not just with an open lock hung on the chain) to ensure we comply with the legal use of the range at Mantua. The range is adjacent to a residential area of Mantua, and I would regret our losing the range because of the negligence of one member who left the gate unlocked for the "convenience of those still using the range". The Mantua Range is too important to the shooters in Box Elder County to chance the loss of the range through "convenience to other shooters." in leaving the gate unlocked.

Members, Chuck just said it better than anyone else could have. Also, if you are unlocking the gate to enter, and someone drives up behind you wanting you to leave it open for them, please either personally know they are Rangemaster, or that they are accompanied by one of our Rangemasters, or are wearing a yellow Rangemaster cap, or simply lock the gate and let them open it themselves. If you let them in, you may be held responsible for them.

Thanks for weighing in here, Chuck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Box Elder Wildlife Federation Forum Index -> Firing Range Rules All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: